Why do steel parts need to be QT? What is the effect?
Quenching and tempering treatment: The heat treatment method of high-temperature tempering after quenching is called quenching and tempering treatment. High temperature tempering refers to tempering between 500-650 ℃. Quenching and tempering can greatly adjust the properties and materials of steel, with good strength, plasticity, and toughness, and excellent comprehensive mechanical properties.
There are two main types of quenched and tempered steel: carbon quenched and tempered steel and alloy quenched and tempered steel. Whether it is carbon steel or alloy steel, its carbon content is strictly controlled. If the carbon content is too high, although the strength of the quenched and tempered workpiece is high, the toughness is not enough. If the carbon content is too low, the toughness increases but the strength is insufficient. In order to achieve good comprehensive performance of the quenched and tempered parts, the carbon content is generally controlled between 0.30% and 0.50%.
- Special Steel Industry Chain for Ningshing 2023-11-23 15
- New Heat Treatment Installation 2023-11-21 21
- Ningshing Precision Machinery has been practicing the 6S management concept. 2023-11-15 13
- NINGSHING Tool Steel for Knives & Blade: For Every Precision Cut 2023-11-10 20
- The Importance of CMM in Precision Manufacturing 2023-11-08 35
- CNC Circular Sawing Machine GKL610 2023-11-06 37
- 4140 Plate--Widely used in American market 2023-11-03 46
- Plastic mold steel-420mod 2023-10-27 28
- 1.2379 cold work tool steel 2023-10-26 36
- Electric Vehicle 2023-10-17 32
- The main causes and preventive measures of hot cracks 2023-10-16 36
- HMD flame hardening steel 2023-09-28 39
- Principle of mold processing reservation allowance 2023-09-18 54
- DIN 1.2311 Plastic Mold Steel 2023-09-15 44
- Selection and Heat Treatment of Die Casting Mold Materials 2023-09-08 66
- Cold work tool steel-1.2510 / O1/SKS3 2023-09-07 54
- Tooling classification 2023-09-01 47
- Die steel -1.2738/1.2738HH 2023-08-24 56
- Mold processing accuracy requirements 2023-08-14 66
- The main causes of thermal cracks and preventive measures 2023-08-08 68