Seven Types of Annealing Methods Part4
Process: The heat treatment process of heating the ingot, casting or forging stock to a temperature slightly lower than the solidus for a long time, and then cooling slowly to eliminate the non-uniformity of chemical composition.
Objective: To eliminate dendrite segregation and regional segregation during solidification of ingot and homogenize the composition and structure.
The heating temperature of diffusion annealing is very high, usually 100~200 ℃ above AC3 or ACCM. The specific temperature depends on the degree of segregation and steel grade,
The heat preservation time is generally 10~15 hours. After diffusion annealing, complete annealing and normalizing are required to refine the structure.
It is applied to some high-quality alloy steel and alloy steel castings and ingots with serious segregation.
- Principle of mold processing reservation allowance 2023-09-18 9
- DIN 1.2311 Plastic Mold Steel 2023-09-15 11
- Selection and Heat Treatment of Die Casting Mold Materials 2023-09-08 15
- Tooling classification 2023-09-01 24
- Die steel -1.2738/1.2738HH 2023-08-24 29
- Mold processing accuracy requirements 2023-08-14 36
- The main causes of thermal cracks and preventive measures 2023-08-08 39
- TQ1 Impresses with its Excellent High-Temperature Strength at Higher Working Temperatures 2023-08-03 52
- Characteristics of die-cast zinc alloy 2023-07-28 56
- Die Cast Mold 2023-07-25 41
- Heat treatment - Normalizing 2023-07-12 28
- Material cracking during heat treatment 2023-06-27 31
- 1.4034 tool steel indispensable for saving lives in surgery 2023-06-25 30
- Kind&Co - Premium steels offer an excellent combination of high toughness and good thermal shock resistance 2023-06-16 40
- What is high pressure die casting (HPDC)? 2023-06-13 30
- Classification of forging 2023-05-31 27
- Undercut molding 2023-05-25 37
- 1.2085 Characteristics of die steel 2023-05-15 25
- Fundamental changes apply for products in future concepts within the automotive die casting 2023-05-12 27
- What is low pressure die casting (LPDC)? 2023-04-24 38