Seven types of annealing methods Part2
Complete annealing takes a long time, especially for alloy steel with stable undercooling austenitization. If the austenitized steel is quickly cooled to slightly lower than AR1 temperature, a is transformed into P, and then air cooled to room temperature, the annealing time can be greatly shortened. This annealing method is called isothermal annealing.
Process: Heat the steel to a temperature higher than AC3 (or AC1), hold it for an appropriate time, quickly cool it to a certain temperature in the pearlite area, keep it isothermal, transform austenite into pearlite, and then air cool it to room temperature.
Objective: As with complete annealing, the transformation is easy to control.
It is applicable to a relatively stable steel: high carbon steel (WC>0.6%), alloy tool steel and high alloy steel (total amount of alloy elements>10%). Isothermal annealing is also beneficial to obtain uniform microstructure and properties. However, it is not suitable for large cross-section steel parts and large quantities of furnace charge, because isothermal annealing is not easy to make the interior or batch of workpieces reach isothermal temperature.
The heat treatment process of heating the metal or alloy to an appropriate temperature, holding it for a certain period of time, and then slowly cooling (usually cooling with the furnace) is called annealing.
- Principle of mold processing reservation allowance 2023-09-18 9
- DIN 1.2311 Plastic Mold Steel 2023-09-15 11
- Selection and Heat Treatment of Die Casting Mold Materials 2023-09-08 15
- Tooling classification 2023-09-01 24
- Die steel -1.2738/1.2738HH 2023-08-24 29
- Mold processing accuracy requirements 2023-08-14 36
- The main causes of thermal cracks and preventive measures 2023-08-08 39
- TQ1 Impresses with its Excellent High-Temperature Strength at Higher Working Temperatures 2023-08-03 52
- Characteristics of die-cast zinc alloy 2023-07-28 56
- Die Cast Mold 2023-07-25 41
- Heat treatment - Normalizing 2023-07-12 28
- Material cracking during heat treatment 2023-06-27 30
- 1.4034 tool steel indispensable for saving lives in surgery 2023-06-25 30
- Kind&Co - Premium steels offer an excellent combination of high toughness and good thermal shock resistance 2023-06-16 39
- What is high pressure die casting (HPDC)? 2023-06-13 30
- Classification of forging 2023-05-31 27
- Undercut molding 2023-05-25 37
- 1.2085 Characteristics of die steel 2023-05-15 25
- Fundamental changes apply for products in future concepts within the automotive die casting 2023-05-12 27
- What is low pressure die casting (LPDC)? 2023-04-24 38