Definition and Classification of Forging
1. Definition of forging
Forging is a kind of processing method that uses forging machinery to exert pressure on metal blank to produce plastic deformation to obtain forgings with certain mechanical properties, certain shapes and sizes. It is one of the two major components of forging (forging and stamping).
Forging can eliminate the defects such as cast porosity in the smelting process, and optimize the microstructure. At the same time, because the complete metal streamline is preserved, the mechanical properties of forgings are generally better than those of castings of the same material. For important parts with high load and severe working conditions in related machinery, forgings are mostly used, except for rolled plates, profiles or weldments with simple shape.
2. classification of forging
According to different production tools, forging technology can be divided into free forging, module forging, rolling ring and special forging.
According to forging temperature, forging technology can be divided into hot forging, warm forging and cold forging.
According to the movement mode of forging die, forging can be divided into rotary forging, rotary forging, roll forging, cross wedge rolling, ring rolling and cross rolling.
- Principle of mold processing reservation allowance 2023-09-18 9
- DIN 1.2311 Plastic Mold Steel 2023-09-15 11
- Selection and Heat Treatment of Die Casting Mold Materials 2023-09-08 15
- Tooling classification 2023-09-01 24
- Die steel -1.2738/1.2738HH 2023-08-24 29
- Mold processing accuracy requirements 2023-08-14 36
- The main causes of thermal cracks and preventive measures 2023-08-08 39
- TQ1 Impresses with its Excellent High-Temperature Strength at Higher Working Temperatures 2023-08-03 53
- Characteristics of die-cast zinc alloy 2023-07-28 57
- Die Cast Mold 2023-07-25 41
- Heat treatment - Normalizing 2023-07-12 29
- Material cracking during heat treatment 2023-06-27 31
- 1.4034 tool steel indispensable for saving lives in surgery 2023-06-25 31
- Kind&Co - Premium steels offer an excellent combination of high toughness and good thermal shock resistance 2023-06-16 40
- What is high pressure die casting (HPDC)? 2023-06-13 30
- Classification of forging 2023-05-31 28
- Undercut molding 2023-05-25 37
- 1.2085 Characteristics of die steel 2023-05-15 26
- Fundamental changes apply for products in future concepts within the automotive die casting 2023-05-12 27
- What is low pressure die casting (LPDC)? 2023-04-24 39