The heat treatment process of heating the metal or alloy to an appropriate temperature, holding it for a certain period of time, and then slowly cooling (usually cooling with the furnace) is called annealing.
The essence of annealing is to heat the steel to austenitization and then carry out pearlite transformation, and the structure after annealing is close to the equilibrium structure.
Purpose of annealing:
(1) Reduce the hardness of steel, improve plasticity, and facilitate machining and cold deformation processing.
(2) Uniform the chemical composition and structure of the steel, refine the grains, improve the performance of the steel or prepare the structure for quenching.
(3) Eliminate internal stress and work hardening to prevent deformation and cracking.
Annealing and normalizing are mainly used for preliminary heat treatment. For parts with low stress and low performance requirements, annealing and normalizing can also be used as final heat treatment.
- Special Steel Industry Chain for Ningshing 2023-11-23 15
- New Heat Treatment Installation 2023-11-21 21
- Ningshing Precision Machinery has been practicing the 6S management concept. 2023-11-15 13
- NINGSHING Tool Steel for Knives & Blade: For Every Precision Cut 2023-11-10 20
- The Importance of CMM in Precision Manufacturing 2023-11-08 35
- CNC Circular Sawing Machine GKL610 2023-11-06 37
- 4140 Plate--Widely used in American market 2023-11-03 46
- Plastic mold steel-420mod 2023-10-27 28
- 1.2379 cold work tool steel 2023-10-26 36
- Electric Vehicle 2023-10-17 32
- The main causes and preventive measures of hot cracks 2023-10-16 36
- HMD flame hardening steel 2023-09-28 39
- Principle of mold processing reservation allowance 2023-09-18 54
- DIN 1.2311 Plastic Mold Steel 2023-09-15 44
- Selection and Heat Treatment of Die Casting Mold Materials 2023-09-08 66
- Cold work tool steel-1.2510 / O1/SKS3 2023-09-07 54
- Tooling classification 2023-09-01 47
- Die steel -1.2738/1.2738HH 2023-08-24 56
- Mold processing accuracy requirements 2023-08-14 66
- The main causes of thermal cracks and preventive measures 2023-08-08 68