Seven Types of Annealing Methods Part3
Process: heat the steel to AC1 ~ AC3 (hypoeutectoid steel) or AC1 ~ ACCM (hypereutectoid steel) and cool it slowly after heat preservation to obtain a heat treatment process close to equilibrium structure.
It is mainly used to obtain spherical pearlite structure of hypereutectoid steel to eliminate internal stress, reduce hardness and improve machinability. Spheroidizing annealing is a kind of incomplete annealing.
A heat treatment process for spheroidizing carbides in steel to obtain granular pearlite.
Process: When heated to the temperature of 20~30℃ above AC1, the holding time should not be too long, generally 2~4H is appropriate. The cooling method is usually furnace cooling, or isothermal at about 20 ℃ below AR1 for a long time.
Objective: To reduce the hardness, homogenize the structure, improve the machinability and prepare the structure for quenching.
- Principle of mold processing reservation allowance 2023-09-18 14
- DIN 1.2311 Plastic Mold Steel 2023-09-15 14
- Selection and Heat Treatment of Die Casting Mold Materials 2023-09-08 16
- Tooling classification 2023-09-01 26
- Die steel -1.2738/1.2738HH 2023-08-24 29
- Mold processing accuracy requirements 2023-08-14 36
- The main causes of thermal cracks and preventive measures 2023-08-08 42
- TQ1 Impresses with its Excellent High-Temperature Strength at Higher Working Temperatures 2023-08-03 53
- Characteristics of die-cast zinc alloy 2023-07-28 57
- Die Cast Mold 2023-07-25 43
- Heat treatment - Normalizing 2023-07-12 29
- Material cracking during heat treatment 2023-06-27 31
- 1.4034 tool steel indispensable for saving lives in surgery 2023-06-25 31
- Kind&Co - Premium steels offer an excellent combination of high toughness and good thermal shock resistance 2023-06-16 41
- What is high pressure die casting (HPDC)? 2023-06-13 32
- Classification of forging 2023-05-31 28
- Undercut molding 2023-05-25 38
- 1.2085 Characteristics of die steel 2023-05-15 28
- Fundamental changes apply for products in future concepts within the automotive die casting 2023-05-12 27
- What is low pressure die casting (LPDC)? 2023-04-24 40