Seven Types of Annealing Methods Part1
Process: Heat the steel to 20~30℃ above AC3 for a period of time and then cool it slowly (with the furnace) to obtain a heat treatment process close to equilibrium structure (complete austenitization).
Complete annealing is mainly used for hypoeutectoid steel (WC=0.3~0.6%), generally medium carbon steel and low and medium carbon alloy steel castings, forgings and hot rolled sections, and sometimes for their weldments. The hardness of low carbon steel after complete annealing is low, which is not conducive to machining; When the hypereutectoid steel is heated to the austenite state above ACCM and slowly cooled and annealed, fe3cii will precipitate along the grain boundary in a network, which will significantly reduce the strength, hardness, plasticity and toughness of the steel, leaving hidden dangers for the final heat treatment.
Objective: To refine grain, uniform structure, eliminate internal stress, reduce hardness and improve machinability of steel. The microstructure of hypoeutectoid steel after complete annealing is F+P.
In actual production, in order to improve productivity, annealing cooling to about 500℃ is discharged for air cooling.
- Principle of mold processing reservation allowance 2023-09-18 9
- DIN 1.2311 Plastic Mold Steel 2023-09-15 11
- Selection and Heat Treatment of Die Casting Mold Materials 2023-09-08 15
- Tooling classification 2023-09-01 24
- Die steel -1.2738/1.2738HH 2023-08-24 29
- Mold processing accuracy requirements 2023-08-14 36
- The main causes of thermal cracks and preventive measures 2023-08-08 39
- TQ1 Impresses with its Excellent High-Temperature Strength at Higher Working Temperatures 2023-08-03 52
- Characteristics of die-cast zinc alloy 2023-07-28 56
- Die Cast Mold 2023-07-25 41
- Heat treatment - Normalizing 2023-07-12 28
- Material cracking during heat treatment 2023-06-27 31
- 1.4034 tool steel indispensable for saving lives in surgery 2023-06-25 30
- Kind&Co - Premium steels offer an excellent combination of high toughness and good thermal shock resistance 2023-06-16 40
- What is high pressure die casting (HPDC)? 2023-06-13 30
- Classification of forging 2023-05-31 27
- Undercut molding 2023-05-25 37
- 1.2085 Characteristics of die steel 2023-05-15 25
- Fundamental changes apply for products in future concepts within the automotive die casting 2023-05-12 27
- What is low pressure die casting (LPDC)? 2023-04-24 38