Introduction of Residual Elements In Steel
The problem of residual elements in steel is one of the important problems faced by metallurgical industry. In the process of steelmaking, the raw materials for steelmaking (including molten iron, scrap steel and ferroalloy) will bring a large number of impurity elements into the steelmaking furnace. Some impurity elements can be removed, but some impurity elements will remain in the steel. This part of impurities (unintentionally added alloy elements) are collectively referred to as residual elements.
These residual elements are one of the main factors causing instability of steel quality. Some residual elements are prone to segregation, even if their content is very low, it will have a strong negative effect on the properties of steel.
For example, the residual titanium in bearing steel is a typical case. Ti is easy to react with N to produce high hardness inclusions, which greatly affects the service life of bearing steel.
- Principle of mold processing reservation allowance 2023-09-18 14
- DIN 1.2311 Plastic Mold Steel 2023-09-15 14
- Selection and Heat Treatment of Die Casting Mold Materials 2023-09-08 16
- Tooling classification 2023-09-01 26
- Die steel -1.2738/1.2738HH 2023-08-24 29
- Mold processing accuracy requirements 2023-08-14 36
- The main causes of thermal cracks and preventive measures 2023-08-08 42
- TQ1 Impresses with its Excellent High-Temperature Strength at Higher Working Temperatures 2023-08-03 53
- Characteristics of die-cast zinc alloy 2023-07-28 57
- Die Cast Mold 2023-07-25 43
- Heat treatment - Normalizing 2023-07-12 29
- Material cracking during heat treatment 2023-06-27 31
- 1.4034 tool steel indispensable for saving lives in surgery 2023-06-25 31
- Kind&Co - Premium steels offer an excellent combination of high toughness and good thermal shock resistance 2023-06-16 41
- What is high pressure die casting (HPDC)? 2023-06-13 32
- Classification of forging 2023-05-31 28
- Undercut molding 2023-05-25 38
- 1.2085 Characteristics of die steel 2023-05-15 28
- Fundamental changes apply for products in future concepts within the automotive die casting 2023-05-12 27
- What is low pressure die casting (LPDC)? 2023-04-24 40