The heat treatment process of heating the metal or alloy to an appropriate temperature, holding it for a certain period of time, and then slowly cooling (usually cooling with the furnace) is called annealing.
The essence of annealing is to heat the steel to austenitization and then carry out pearlite transformation, and the structure after annealing is close to the equilibrium structure.
Purpose of annealing:
(1) Reduce the hardness of steel, improve plasticity, and facilitate machining and cold deformation processing.
(2) Uniform the chemical composition and structure of the steel, refine the grains, improve the performance of the steel or prepare the structure for quenching.
(3) Eliminate internal stress and work hardening to prevent deformation and cracking.
Annealing and normalizing are mainly used for preliminary heat treatment. For parts with low stress and low performance requirements, annealing and normalizing can also be used as final heat treatment.
- Principle of mold processing reservation allowance 2023-09-18 14
- DIN 1.2311 Plastic Mold Steel 2023-09-15 14
- Selection and Heat Treatment of Die Casting Mold Materials 2023-09-08 16
- Tooling classification 2023-09-01 26
- Die steel -1.2738/1.2738HH 2023-08-24 29
- Mold processing accuracy requirements 2023-08-14 36
- The main causes of thermal cracks and preventive measures 2023-08-08 41
- TQ1 Impresses with its Excellent High-Temperature Strength at Higher Working Temperatures 2023-08-03 53
- Characteristics of die-cast zinc alloy 2023-07-28 57
- Die Cast Mold 2023-07-25 43
- Heat treatment - Normalizing 2023-07-12 29
- Material cracking during heat treatment 2023-06-27 31
- 1.4034 tool steel indispensable for saving lives in surgery 2023-06-25 31
- Kind&Co - Premium steels offer an excellent combination of high toughness and good thermal shock resistance 2023-06-16 41
- What is high pressure die casting (HPDC)? 2023-06-13 32
- Classification of forging 2023-05-31 28
- Undercut molding 2023-05-25 38
- 1.2085 Characteristics of die steel 2023-05-15 28
- Fundamental changes apply for products in future concepts within the automotive die casting 2023-05-12 27
- What is low pressure die casting (LPDC)? 2023-04-24 40